Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some thoughts

My first time blogging, so bear with me.

Running does indeed suck. It sucks out loud in the 90+ degree heat. I'm hoping that at some point I turn the corner and actually look forward to going for a run. Is it possible to turn that corner after being a lifelong run-hater? That’s question #1 for Mr. All American once we start our coaching sessions. I have gotten out about 3-4 times in the last few weeks. Nothing too fancy – a couple miles of 75% running, 25% walking. I would like to get it to at least every other day. Right ankle and both knees are feeling the heat, but I’m pushing through it. Two of our kids just got sick simultaneuously (fevers, barfing, and the whole sha-bang) so we've trailed off a little this past week.

I like that Garmin thing you have Tom. I'm going to get it soon. I find that most things in life are much more enjoyable if you are able to quantify them with numbers and metrics. The more numbers I have, the more I will try to improve those numbers. Yay technology!

Under Armor compression shorts rule. I like to call them "compression shorts" because it sounds much more manly than "spandex". Easy gliding, low resistance, the right kind of grab in the right spots. I have found however, that taking them off produces the exact opposite effect for a man as taking off a bathing suit after jumping in a cold pool. As Carl Spackler says, “…so I got that going for me…”. Too much, too soon? Ah well.

Kim and I have our appointment with Mr. Bair on Friday. I have found myself waking up at night with visions of him laughing me out of the office upon first seeing me.

Note to self: no more buying Oreo Double Stuffs “for the kids” anymore. If I have to eat organic, then damn it, so do they!

No comments:

Post a Comment