Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anyone?

This might be wildly ambitious, but the Philadelphia Distance Run is September 20th if anyone is interested. Upside, it's a Rock 'n Roll race with bands every couple miles, you get a cool medal. Downside, they don't let you take a golf cart. Not sure if I can get up to half-marathon speed in a month's time, but I could be persuaded to try...

See you Saturday for our first group run/walk/get-together. 9:30am, at the start of Boat House Row. Look for the group of slightly confused, slightly frightened people with the tags still on their running gear.

2 comments:

  1. Let's do it! My take: we need to get up to snuff for this marathon and setting the bar high early might be a good way to kick start. That said, I have a tendency to think if I'm going to go down, I'm going down guns a'blazing. You might want to check with the running coach if it's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tom. You're clearly hopped up on your Prilosec OTC. Map my Run says I haven't made it to 13 miles in 2 weeks of training. I agree with Mike, if our coach says that it's a good idea to run a half Marathon after 8 weeks of training and a life of inertia, then I'll consider it. I expect that you are hoping one of us may die so you get some drama into the early chapters of your book.

    ReplyDelete