Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kick Asphalt. Shall We?


After our soggy, wind-sucking 2.5 mile training run this Saturday, I'm sure everyone feels ready for the Philadelphia Marathon on November 22nd. Or maybe not. But along with the big marathon, there is a half-marathon and an 8k (5 mile) race going on as well (I believe there used to be a marathon relay, which would have been good for us, but they aren't offering it this year). I think we should all mark this on our calendars as our first benchmark on our way to Paris -- it will give us a chance to experience a race, run together, and get a really cool t-shirt. I'm going to try to get ready for the half-marathon, but I hope everyone by November will at least be up for the five-miler. This is also the morning after my sister-in-law Cristin's wedding, so though she will be home from Dubai, I doubt she will be making the five am drive back to Philadelphia with me for the race--though I think if we can get her to run in her veil, that would be very flickr worthy. Any takers? Don't wait too long to sign up, which you can do here.

1 comment: