Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh the HEAT!

ok, this is my first beef with this running thing...
Whoever had the idea to start training to RUN in the middle of August?? I won't mention any names, but...come on...
It is bad enough to not be able to breath during normal activities, like walking from the subway to work - emphasis on walking - when it is 93 degrees outside. But no...I have to go running and I have to do it in the heat...even at 8am this morning the air in the city was so thick, I felt like I was visiting Cristin in Dubai..

This weekend we had the perfect running scenario: we spent 3 days in Asbury Park and went jogging along the boardwalk. I tell you...perfect! Cool seabreeze, wooden planks under the feet and lots of other sporty types that give you motivation, as you don't want to look like a complete slob by stopping after every fifth step...
I think I learned that in the future I will either move to the beach or use an airconditioned treadmill.
Everybody seems to say to me that it will get easier. I really hope so. Although I have to admit that I do feel great after my run and a shower, but breathing does not come natural for me. And I am still doing about 28 minutes of a walk/run intervall. I decided to do the "couch to 5K" training scheule. It sounded sooo easy..:( I am curious to see if coach Lowell says this is BS.
I am excited for fall..and the cooler weather.. Can't believe I just said that. I love the summer..

No comments:

Post a Comment