Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Paper Kenyan


I'm going to apologize in advance for all my grammatical abortions.

Last week I started to get serious about my upcoming training regiment. I started the week at Wholefoods buying organic fruits, vegetables, and pine nuts. I went home with a lighter wallet and the makings of a huge salad that lasted me 2 weeks.

I acquired some new running shoes from the upscale French department store, Target, and some !!!EXTREME!!! Under Armour spandex from Modells. As a male, I've been hearing the worst part of a marathon is chafing and bloody nipples so Astro-glide and Pasties may be next on my shopping list.

So just yesterday, I ran my first "session" of about 2 miles around Penns Landing with my new wife Katie. It has been really hot in Philly lately, but I'd rather sweat than freeze (can't wait for Winter runs). I almost cramped up before I got home and my legs were a bit sore today. Instead of my inner thigh's cursing at me, my armpits were the ones shouting obsenities. It made me think I should invent lubrication for armpits, maybe call it "Old Spice Glide" or something more catchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment