Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wohoo! The runners high..

Usually I would use this blog to rant and rave about stupid running!
But today I have to report a little personal success...my first ever "RUNNERS HIGH"...at least I think this was it..
After having a great morning at the horse barn (sorry I couldn't be there for the group run..) I decided to put on my winter running clothes, which by the way are not quite figured out yet, I forced myself to go for my run. I drove out to the Wissahickon drive, since running in the streets of Philadelphia gets really old.. I have to admit I was a bit scared to go by myself, but then I thought: if I get abducted or kidnapped at least I don't have to keep on running.

So I set out in the cold...
I ran for 6 miles with only 6min walking spread throughout..and I think I experienced my first runners high! I know 6miles is not a lot for most of you guys, but for me it is pretty unbelievable.

When I started some 2+ month ago with 60sec running, 90sec walking, I honestly thought it is complete BS what people say about: "The first 10min are always hard, but then you get into a rhythm and it will get easier"
Well...proven wrong.

I anticipate continuous stuggles and some hate mixed in and still can't wrap my head around running for 5 hrs, but it feels so good to at least once in a while have a good time doing the impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment