Monday, October 12, 2009

Get your race on

Some of us felt the thrill of crossing the finish line (and some of us felt the sting of being lapped by one of our freshman) at the Kristin's Krusade 5k at St. Joseph's University last weekend. As Mike so eloquently blogged, there is something about running a real race that makes this whole right-left-right endeavor feel slightly less absurd, like it's almost a real sport or something. Getting involved in more short races will not only fill out our wardrobe with hard-earned t-shirts and keep our bellies full of free bananas, but racing might suck some of the anguish out of all this torture by trotting.



First, I've signed up for RUN THE BRIDGE on November 1st--a 10k run over the Ben Franklin Bridge--and you should, too. I expect my fear of heights (and my fear of Camden) to keep me moving at a record clip. Then on November 15th, I hope you can join me for the SCHUYKILL RIVER LOOP RUN, an eight mile race beginning at Boathouse Row (also Philadelphia's oldest road race. And though it's now closed, come on out on the 22nd as I watch Fred speed off into the distance at the Philadelphia Half-Marathon. Seeing the shapes and sizes that endeavor to marathon might give us all a little hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment