Thursday, October 8, 2009

My first blog ever

Hi all. I finally broke down and got the Forerunner. I find that it was easier running without it, as I am now constantly looking down at my mileage and saying 3 ****ing miles left??!! What's that saying-ignorance is bliss?

After reading Mike's ever so eloquent blog I figured I should start thinking of a reason to finish this race. There is always the cancer route. The idea that finishing the race would prove me victorious in my battle against breast cancer. But that's too sappy. And I always said to myself that I wouldn't let that stupid disease define me.

Then there is the "I want to challenge myself" approach. Been there, done that. I found strength I never knew I had last year. I was challenged physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I know I'm strong enough. The question is will my knees hold up?

Mike's thoughts on being a hero to Ben are great, but I am not feeling that for myself. I feel that my kids will love and respect me not because of what I do and who I am, but despite it.

So where does this leave me in terms of reasons to finish this stinkin race? I have come up with only one answer. Bragging rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment