Sunday, February 14, 2010

Vive le Paris 12!

With Paris looming ever closer, I decided to brush up on my French. I've collected some phrases that might come in handy during the marathon.

Je suis désolé de courir. I hate running.
Je vais vomir. I'm going to vomit.
Non, je ne peux pas aller un peu plus vite. No, I cannot go any faster.
Mes jambes font mal. My legs hurt.
Je veux crier. I want to cry.
Pourquoi ai-je dit que je le ferais? Why did I say I would do this?


I also discovered some interesting idioms:

Ah, la vache! (Oh, the cow!) Oh my god!
Avoir une araignée au plafond (To have a spider in the head) To have a screw loose
C'est la fin des haricots. (That's the end of the beans.) It's the last straw. / It's hopeless / That's the end of it.
Les carottes sont cuites. (The carrots are cooked.) I've had it. / That's enough.
Avoir le cul bordé de nouilles (To have the ass full of noodles) To be lucky


So, basically, the carrots are totally cooked and I'm at the end of my beans but maybe I'll have an ass full of noodles on April 11th.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Ran 16 today, my carrots were mush after mile four. Ass noodles were on empty.

    ReplyDelete