Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some New Year Thoughts

First of all, Congrats to Tom and Allyson. What a beautiful picture and a beautiful baby girl. Now we’re the Paris 12 and ½.

Second, I wanted to throw a personal note thanks out to Tom. I’m really enjoying this whole experience. In fact, whilst running today, I tried to think of some ideas for your next book (in keeping with the flavor of this adventure).

- “Freak! From Suburbia to the Circus” - A group of 12 sedentary people see if they have what it takes to become a member of a traveling circus sideshow. Follow their zany adventures as they take on sword swallowing, fire eating, and getting a cannon shot into their stomachs!”

- “31 Flavors of Pain!” – A group of 12 ordinary citizens stand around in a circle and trade kicks in the crotch until only one is left standing. Journey with them into the heart of darkness.

- “Torture….HO!” – As sleeping on a bed of nails, fire walking, and Ethiopian lip plates become more fashionable, watch how a group of 12 regular Americans come to love the pleasure/pain that comes with these wacky forms of self mutilation.

Just some thoughts. Please let me know if you decide to use any of these ideas as I would like a slice of the royalties.

Third, I’d like to state right here and now for the record, the following resolutions:

1. That I will NEVER miss another run, from here until Paris. Lowell is my sovereign lord and liege and I will obey all dictates and commands.

2. I will provide weekly updates on the blog for all to see on both my running and my weight loss. Embarrassment works well for me as a form of motivation. I need to drop some lbs and keep the running up or I’m dead in the water. Expect my first update this Friday.

3. That I plan to give Tom a "Code Red" at some point in 2010. If anyone is down with that, I’m thinking about beating him with a bar of soap in a tube sock. Hit me up if you’d like to participate.

Also, Kim and I would like to host a Country Run at some point in February (get you city folks out of the city for a day). How does Sunday, Feb 21st look for everyone? I’m thinking we’ll do a group run, and then come back to the house for a breakfast/brunch. Let me know if this works for you and we’ll lock it down.

Yours in mindless pain,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment